I have a fantastic idea! At least, I hope it’s fantastic. I was just sitting on the train, thinking about a piece of writing I did in one of my classes and it just hit me. I scribbled my ideas down and I feel excited about this one. I only write about the things that make me excited and I felt the exact same way about my first novel, Crystal Guardian (still waiting on Harper Voyager). It’s a little sad though. I don’t feel the same way about C.G anymore. Instead I just want to edit it all and change it and if I don’t stop it’ll never be finished. I haven’t touched it in well over a year though because of submitting it the Harper Voyager thing. Thinking I’ll start writing the sequel soon.
It’s been a long odd day. Woke up at half six (amazing for me) because was going to Nottingham to meet up with my Dad and Becks. I was on the train when I got the call that they probably couldn’t make it because the car broke down. Oh well, I thought, these things happen. The disappointment didn’t really hit me until I returned back to Ormskirk (9 hours after leaving in the first place!) And then I got a little sad because I miss everyone so much and hadn’t really been thinking about it. I kept telling myself, you’ll be meeting up with Dad and Becks soon and that’ll cheer you up. But still, I’m home for Christmas anyway in three weeks!
It’s a little funny though. You would’ve thought that the train would be the unreliable mode of transport, not the car. And what’s extra funny is that, if you think about it, I basically travelled four hours to get to Nottingham for a sandwich and a milkshake. I only stayed an hour and nearly fell asleep on the way back. Had to fork out a lot more money than I thought I would have to on the train ticket too and hadn’t reserved a seat so had to sit outside the smelly toilet in that cold dingy area where they keep the bikes. Still, let’s look at the positives:
1) If this hadn’t have happened, I would not have had that time to think and dwell on my FANTASTIC idea which is making so excited I think this idea should have its own dance.
2) I saw loads of awesome things today. Well, awesome in my opinion. Baby horses, marvellous green hills, sheep and clusters of bunny rabbits and a sunset that looked like someone had spilt tubby custard into the clouds.
3) I never would have met this really quirky looking young man who has now inspired me in one of the characters of this FANTASTIC idea.
4) I probably wouldn’t have felt the need to get a dominoes when I got home as normally I do the food shop on a Saturday. It was lovely.
5) Talking of food, it was a pretty good sandwich that I had down in Nottingham too.
6) I would never have rushed to finish my drama presentation and would still be panicking my head off about it now.
7) I wouldn’t have any idea what to blog about today.
So, Dad and Becks, if you happen to read this. Don’t apologise. It wasn’t your fault anyway, these things happen and despite it all, I’ve had a pretty cool day. Lots of love x
What else can I ramble about? Nah, nothing. I’m all out now. Think I’m going to write up this FANTASTIC idea and perhaps choreograph a fancy dance to go with it, or not. I imagine any dance I do will be absolute pants so I’ll just stick to the writing.
Ciao for now,